Legal measures to be taken against people involved in clashes in Sulaimani: governor

Members of Asayish forces gather at a site where clashes erupted between the security and commando forces near Abu Sana Hotel in Sulaimani, June 21, 2021. (Esta Media Network photo)

SULAIMANI (ESTA) — Governor of Sulaimani Haval Abubakir said legal measures would be taken against anybody who was involved in causing clashes between Asayish and a unit of commando forces late on Monday.

Abubakir told Esta Media Network that the Sulaimani’s security committee led by mayor Awat Mohammed would hold a meeting on Tuesday to discuss the incident.

“All kinds of legal measures will be taken against those who caused the incident,” Abubakir added.

Clashes erupted between a unit of commando forces and Asayish who set up a checkpoint near Abu Sana hotel in Sarchinar neighborhood.

At least eleven members of the Asayish and commando forces were wounded in the fighting, Esta Media Network has learned.

Earlier on Tuesday, Vice President Sheikh Jaafar Sheikh Mustafa accused the Asayish forces of opening fire at a vehicle of his daughter, who passed by the checkpoint last night.

“My daughter has not opened fire at anybody. The Asayish forces opened fires,” Sheikh Mustafa said in a statement.

“Anybody who is wanted by courts must appear in front of the courts, and there is no one above law,” he added.

Previous Article

EU to send observers to monitor Iraq’s elections  

Next Article

Two Kurdish fighters killed in Turkish strike north of Sulaimani: YRK

Related Posts
Total
16
Share