Air raids in rebel-held Syria said to kill at least 10

A man watches as smoke rises after what activists said was an air strike on Atimah, Idlib province March 8, 2015. (Reuters)

SULAIMANI (ESTA) — At least 10 people were killed in Syrian army artillery attacks and Russian air raids this week in a spike in bombardments in the last major area of the country still in rebel hands, Reuters cited witnesses and civil defense officials as saying.

They told Reuters that seven civilians including a woman and a child were killed when their home in Ibleen village in Jabal al-Zawya region in southern Idlib came under fire from Syrian army outposts.

At least four other rebels were killed when their convoy was hit by a Russian jet when they approached the village to rescue survivors, Reuters cited two civil defense workers as saying.

Syria’s northwest corner is the scene of sporadic violence but has not seen a resumption of widespread bombing since a deal last year ended a Russian-backed air campaign that displaced over a million people.

There was no immediate comment from Moscow or the Syrian army, which have accused militant groups in the region of wrecking the ceasefire deal and attacking army-held areas.

Previous Article

Security forces arrest three PYD, AANES representatives in Erbil

Next Article

Turkish military tells village residents in Kurdistan Region to stay inside - villager

Related Posts
Total
1
Share