SULAIMANI (ESTA) — The Council of Arab Interior Ministers condemned on Friday attacks targeted Baghdad and Erbil last week.
“The General Secretariat … expressed its firm and absolute condemnation of these cowardly criminal acts, which revealed the ugly face of terrorism and its disregard for human lives,” the General Secretariat of the Council of Arab Interior Ministers said in a statement.
The attacks aimed at undermining security and stability of Iraq and the Kurdistan Region, it added.
It also expressed its “full solidarity and support” for the Iraqi government in confronting terrorism in the country.
A car bomb parked near a market in Baghdad’s neighborhood of Habibiya killed a person and wounded 12 others on Thursday.
Police sources told Reuters that four people were killed in the explosion.
The blast came one day after an explosives-laden drone targeted a base hosting U.S.-led Coalition troops at Erbil airport, without causing casualties.
Elsewhere, two rockets fired towards a base in Bashiqa, which houses Turkish troops. One of the rockets landed inside the base, killing a Turkish soldier. The other rocket fell in a village near the base, wounding a woman.
Islamic State (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the explosion in Baghdad, but no group has claimed responsibility for the attacks in Erbil and Bashiqa, east of Mosul.