U.S. military base in Syria came under failed rocket attack – statement

File – U.S. military base in Syria

SULAIMANI (ESTA) — U.S. central command said that its military’s Green Village base in Syria was targeted by a failed rocket attack, resulting in no casualties or destruction, it said in a statement.

A rocket attack targeting the U.S. military’s Green Village base in northeast Syria failed to hit U.S. or coalition forces, or any equipment, the U.S. Central Command said.

At least three 107 mm rockets targeted the base on Sunday at around 1605 GMT and a fourth rocket along with rocket tubes was found at the launch point, it said in the statement.

The Green Village base was targeted last month in violence between the U.S. military and Iran-backed militants leaving at least one U.S. military service member in Syria with a minor injury.

The incident triggered a U.S response that killed two or three militants conducting the attacks.

The Central Command said it was investigating the latest failed attack, which struck at approximately 7:05 p.m local time in Syria (1605 GMT).

It gave no further details.

U.S. forces first deployed in Syria during the Obama administration’s campaign against Islamic State, partnering with a Kurdish-led group called the Syrian Democratic Forces. There are about 900 U.S. troops in Syria, most of them in the east.

(Esta Media Network/Reuters)

Previous Article

Turkish military post near Syrian border attacked, one soldier killed, says Ministry

Next Article

Head of victory alliance refuses any updates regarding premiership candidate file

Related Posts
Total
1
Share