Akre’s Directorate of Security releases statement over murdering Peshmerga colonel

Esta Media Network News

SULAIMANI (ESTA) — The General Directorate of Security in Akre released a statement on Saturday over murdering a Peshmerga colonel in the city late on September, 15.

Earlier on Thursday a Peshmerga colonel was shot dead by an unidentified suspect in Akre city northeast of Duhok province.

Local authorities in Akre said that 43-year-old, Colonel Sabeer Akrei was shot dead inside his vehicle after an unidentified suspect opened a fatal shooting, leaving his 7-year-old daughter, wife, and sister-in-law injured.

Speaking to local media outlets Akrei’s brother said that the suspect has committed the crime with guns, a vehicle, and stuffs allegedly belonging to the general directorate of security.

“We reject such allegations none of these belong to the directorate,” Akre’s directorate of security said in the statement, adding, “The security forces are always on duty, and the rule of law is above everyone.”

Colonel Akrei was murdered in a shooting incident around  7:00 p.m. of local time when he was about to go outside with his family but was shot dead in front of his house. The security forces just two hours following the incident announced that they detained a 42-year-old suspect.

“A few days earlier Akrei and the suspect were engaged in a quarrel,” a local official said earlier said.

Later the Ministry of Peshmerga confirmed Akrei’s death in a statement saying, Colonel Akrei was an officer at the directorate of military recruitment and training in the Ministry.

According to local reports, Akrei’s 7-year-old daughter is now in a critical health condition, she has been sent to the intensive care unit due to suffering from serious injuries when she was being shot.

 

 

Previous Article

Iran’s supreme leader Khamenei, 83, makes his first public appearance after two weeks

Next Article

Sweeping operation of Syria's al-Hol camp from extremism concludes

Related Posts
Total
1
Share